News & Events
Our latest newsletter is out! You can view it by clicking the image or link below. This edition highlights some of the Waniska team's recent work, including updates on our various projects, an overview of our recent conference trip and team retreat, introducing new...
Waniska is collaborating with the Canadian Network on Hepatitis C (CanHepC), asking people with lived hepatitis C experience and who would like to improve the healthcare system to participate in sharing circles. The sharing circles will be held in communities across...
Our launch on June 21, 2021 was a wonderful celebration that featured Indigenous speakers, ceremonialists and performers. You can watch the recording on YouTube, and also check out the program from the event
Waniska In the News
We are grateful for all the coverage highlighting our team’s research work. Below are some articles featuring the Waniska Centre.
Waniska Centre Launch
- Un nouveau centre de recherche pour aborder la science autrement
- The Waniska Centre: Strengthening land- and culture-based research
- Indigenous-led HIV research centre opens in Sask.
- New USask-based Indigenous centre for research on HIV, HCV and STBBI launches in Saskatoon
- USask researchers awarded $4.9 million for Indigenous health research, HIV and cancer
- Indigenous-led research centre to ’employ the best of Indigenous and Western capabilities’ in fight against STIs
- ‘The very word HIV or AIDS terrifies people’: Research owes debt to HIV-positive advisers, conference hears